Landon D. Care Companion in Avondale Estates, GA 30002. Looking for full or part-time work as a care companion.
Enhanced Background Check not run.
Enhanced Background Check(Not Run)
Basic Background Check not run.
Basic Background Check(Not Run)
Motor Vehicle Records Check not run.
Motor Vehicle Records Check(Not Run)
First Aid Training
First Aid Training
Avondale Estates, GA
- Age 30
- 12 years paid experience
Last signed in: Within six months
Home Care Rates $12 per hour
My name is Landon and I'm an experienced, mild-mannered, and upbeat professional caregiver. Most of my professional experience is concentrated in working with elders, though I do have years of experience as a childcare provider as well. Currently, I work part-time for a home health care service as an aid for a young man with cerebral palsy. In April of 2014, I completed a CNA course at Woodruff Medical Institute in Decatur, GA and waiting to take the state certification test on June 14th.
I first started out as a caregiver when I was 16 years old. My mother is an RN and moved my grandfather into our home after he had significant health problems. Eventually, all of my grandparents lived in our home and my entire family shared caretaking responsibilities. I feel extremely fortunate for those opportunities because it taught me many skills and a lot more about providing compassion and comfort. My greatest achievement to this day is that I helped my grandparents live their last days in comfort and with dignity.
In addition to helping my grandparents I also worked for several elderly clients in their homes. I worked with a variety of people from different walks of life as well as a variety of medical conditions and varying cultural views.
My caregiving responsibilities have included:
• Carried out activities of daily living, such as bathing, clothing, perineal care, brief changing, catheter care, ostomy care, assisted with oral hygiene measures, feeding, medication monitoring, recorded vital signs, and helped implement breathing treatments.
• Kept records of care provided on my shift by writing reports, logs, and by providing both verbal and written communication with family members and health care providers.
• Ensured client safety and comfort by ambulating and turning throughout my shift, responded to call bells and requests promptly, and reported observations to the nurse and/or doctor.
• Provided transportation for errands and medically related appointments.
By the way, thanks for taking the time to learn about me and I look forward to discussing how I can help fulfill you and your family's caregiver needs.
Age Specific Experience
12 years paid experience with:
- Under 55 years old
- 55 to 64 years old
- 65 to 74 years old
- 75 to 84 years old
- Over 85 years old
Experience with providing basic care services:
- Conversation and companionship
- Safety supervision
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
- Social activities
- Light housekeeping
- Exercise/Physical activities
- Laundry and linen changes
- Mobility assistance
Experience with providing personal care services:
Experience with providing individualized services:
- Grooming Guidance
- Assistance with Pets
- Meal Planning
Willing to run errands
Willing to provide non-medical transportation (e.g. to appointments, shopping, errands, etc.)
Availability & Job Preferences
Prefers to provide visiting care
- Short term (1 to 3 months)
- Temporary (4 to 12 months)
- Permanent (1 to 2 years)
- Permanent (2 or more years)
- On call (as needed)
- Will consider either a part time or full time position
- Start date is flexible
My availability is valid through 6/22/14
- Weekday Early Morning
- Weekday Afternoons
- Weekends Daytime
- Weekends Evenings
Skills & Abilities