Augustin M. Care Companion in Germantown, MD 20874
Looking for full-time work as a care companion.
Enhanced background check
Enhanced background check(Not Run)
Basic background check
Basic background check(Not Run)
Motor vehicle records check
Motor vehicle records check(Not Run)
- 2 years paid experience
Last signed in: More than 6 months
Home Care Rates
Fully bilingual (French/English)
Direct Support Professional
Community Support Service
Nov 2018 to present
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
• Assisting individuals to develop and maintain a warm living environment.
• Supporting individuals to access community resources, maintain family relationships and develop friendships.
• Maintaining regular communication with family members and establish an on-going partnership with each individual's family to implement goals and objectives established by the team.
• Facilitating the development of an appropriate Individual Plan for one individual by:
• Coordinating services with behavioral, instructional, nursing, and other consultants
• Assisting individuals to arrange for maintenance of the home as needed.
• Maintaining weekly house budget.
• Assisting individuals to arrange personal finances, appointments such as medical/dental or other service needs.
• Sharing on-call responsibility to provide coverage or crisis intervention if needed.
• Maintaining confidential file for one individual.
• Performing any duties as assigned by the Associate Director.
• Adhering to the agency Policies and Procedures, federal, state and local regulations and applicable standards promulgated by the Accreditation Council.
Age Specific Experience
2 years paid experience with:
- Under 55 years old
Experience with providing basic care services:
- Conversation and companionship
- Safety supervision
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
- Laundry and linen changes
- Mobility assistance
Experience with providing personal care services:
Experience with providing individualized services:
- Medication Administration
- Medication Assistance
- Medication Management
- Grooming Guidance
- Assistance with Pets
- Meal Planning
- Nutrition Education
- Mobility Training
Availability & Job Preferences
Prefers to provide visiting care
- Permanent (2 or more years)
- Willing to consider a full time position
- Available to start on 4/26/2020
My availability is valid through 5/24/20
- Open (all day, everyday)