Nanny in Inglewood, CA 90302.
Looking for part-time work as a nanny.
Enhanced Background Check not run.
Enhanced Background Check(Not Run)
Basic Background Check not run.
Basic Background Check(Not Run)
Motor Vehicle Records Check not run.
Motor Vehicle Records Check(Not Run)
- Age 34
- 20 years paid experience
Last signed in: More than 6 months
Preferred Rate $20-$25 per hour
I am currently in a teaching credentials program at CSU Dominguez Hills. I plan to become a special education teacher for preschool aged children when I've finished my program, and I'm seeking part-time work in the meantime to supplement my income while I'm in school. I also hope to use sittercity.com as an opportunity to build my resume.
I have seven nieces and nephews who live on the east coast, including two children with special needs. I helped my sisters to care for them for several years before moving to California, and my experience lead to my desire to become a special education teacher.
I also currently volunteer at a local non-profit organization for at-risk youth in the Watts neighborhood called Mama Hill's Help, which provides after school programs and services to children ages 5 to 17. You can learn more about the work we do at mamahillshelp.org.
I have a special place in my heart for children with special needs, and I firmly believe that if you set high expectations for any child, they will rise to meet the challenge.
I have completed a live scan (fingerprint background check) and I am certified in infant, child and adult CPR.
Age Specific Experience
20 years of paid child care experience with:
- First year
- Toddlers (1 to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3 to 5 years)
- Grade School (6 to 11 years)
- Pre-teen/Teenagers (12 years and over)
4 to 5 years of infant care experience
- Instruction (proper swaddling, feeding, changing, bathing)
- Assist with setting a routine
- Overnight care
- Mother's helper
- Occasional care
Special Needs Experience
Special Needs Care Experience
- Cognitive Disabilities
Special Needs Conditional Experience
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder/Pervasive Developmental Disorder/Asperger Syndrome
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Illness
- Pervasive Development Disorder
Special Needs Services Experience
- Administering Medication
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Dressing Assistance
- Feeding Assistance
- Grooming and Hygiene
- Positive Behavioral Support
- Recreational Music or Art Therapy
- Specific Meal Preparation (foods to avoid, etc.)
Availability & Job Preferences
- Temporary (4 to 12 months)
- Permanent (1 to 2 years)
- Will consider a part time position
- Start date is flexible
My availability is valid through 11/18/15
- Weekday Early Morning (Before School)
- Day-time Weekdays (M - F)
- Weekday Evenings
- Weekends Evenings
Skills & Abilities
- Finishing homework
- Checking answers
- Studying for a test
- Basic Math
- Elementary Science
- Earth Science
- Essay Writing
- Social Studies
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Swimming Supervision
- Potty Training
- Travel with Family
- Willing to run errands as needed
- Willing to drive children to events, school, appointments, or carpooling
|Tracy S. is a reference for Erin K.||Relationship: Family||Join Now to Contact Reference|
|Millicent H. is a reference for Erin K.||Relationship: Client||Join Now to Contact Reference|