Nanny in Elkridge, MD 21075.
Looking for full or part-time work as a nanny.
Enhanced Background Check not run.
Enhanced Background Check(Not Run)
Basic Background Check Expired
Basic Background Check Expired 02/02/2015
Motor Vehicle Records Check not run.
Motor Vehicle Records Check(Not Run)
- Age 29
- 15 years paid experience
Last signed in: Within two months
Preferred Rate $15-$20 per hour
I am a responsible, reliable, organized, caring and patient person. In May 2009, I graduated from Salem State College with a Bachelor of Science in Sociology with a Child Studies concentration. Prior to graduation, I completed an internship at a special education school where I worked with students in grades K-7 that had cognitive, social/emotional, and behavioral challenges. In September 2009, I began working as a Special Education Instructional Assistant in a self-contained Pre-Kindergarden Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) classroom at an elementary school. During my five years in this position, I supported preschoolers on the autism spectrum in both self-contained and integrated preschool settings. I was also responsible for working with and facilitating interaction with typical children in the integrated preschool settings. In this position I also gained a lot of experience with the potty training process.
I have also been babysitting for 10+ years and I am CPR certified.
I truly enjoy interacting with children, teaching them, being part of their development and having fun with them. Some activities I enjoy doing with children are arts and crafts, reading, playing board games, imaginary play and being outdoors.
I have a strong educational background and varied experience with children of all ages. I hope to combine my education and range of experience with my compassion and intelligence to make a positive impact on your child or children.
My resume and references are available upon request.
Age Specific Experience
15 years of paid child care experience with:
- Toddlers (1 to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3 to 5 years)
- Grade School (6 to 11 years)
- Pre-teen/Teenagers (12 years and over)
Special Needs Experience
Special Needs Care Experience
- Cognitive Disabilities
Special Needs Conditional Experience
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder/Pervasive Developmental Disorder/Asperger Syndrome
- Delayed Speech
- Learning Disabilities
- Pervasive Development Disorder
- Sensory Integration Disorder
Special Needs Services Experience
- Administering Medication
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Bladder and Bowel Assistance
- Dressing Assistance
- Grooming and Hygiene
- Positive Behavioral Support
- Recreational Music or Art Therapy
- Sign Language
Availability & Job Preferences
- Short-term (1 to 3 months)
- Temporary (4 to 12 months)
- Permanent (1 to 2 years)
- Summer Position
- Will consider either a part time or full time position
- Start date is flexible
My availability is valid through 8/31/16
- Weekday Early Morning (Before School)
- Day-time Weekdays (M - F)
- Weekday Afternoons (After School)
- Weekends Evenings
Skills & Abilities
- Finishing homework
- Checking answers
- Studying for a test
- Basic Math
- Elementary Science
- Earth Science
- Essay Writing
- Social Studies
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Potty Training
- Willing to drive children to events, school, appointments, or carpooling