Nanny in Takoma Park, MD 20912.
Looking for part-time work as a nanny.
Enhanced Background Check not run.
Enhanced Background Check(Not Run)
Basic Background Check Expired
Basic Background Check Expired 06/27/2014
Motor Vehicle Records Check not run.
Motor Vehicle Records Check(Not Run)
First Aid Training
First Aid Training
Takoma Park, MD
- Age 34
- 10 years paid experience
Last signed in: Within three months
Rating (1 review)
Preferred Rate $600-$1000 per week
**FUN & AMAZING NANNY** I am currently a full-time nanny Mon-Fri for a family with 2 children (3.5 yr old girl & 1.5 yr old boy). I have been with the family for over a year now. I have 2 previous families I have nannied for and both were long term.
- Experience offering nanny services for children ranging from infancy to 12 years of age
- Ability to administer educational material to children on a daily basis from a Pre-School Level Curriculum. Subjects include: Writing, Reading, Math, Geography, and Science
- Tutor children ranging from grade school to high school level.
- Perform daily activities with kids such as arts and crafts, indoor/outdoor activities, story reading, cooking, clean up and maintain a daily diet and physical health
- Ability to handle budget in relation to children’s items i.e. clothing, diapers, and hygiene
- Assist parents with party planning for birthdays and special occasions as needed
- Ability to provide house sitting and/or dog sitting services while family is on vacation
- The following duties are available upon request: Potty training, light household duties such as laundry, vacuum, dishes and organization of common areas (including pantry, children’s room, etc) and provide daily walks and/or food to household pet(s).
- AND most important HAVE FUN!!!!
I am originally from Las Vegas, NV, and have been in the MD area since October 2011. I am the 2nd oldest child of 6 kids & the oldest daughter, so helping with my younger sisters & brothers was a given. I enjoyed every bit of it though. I have been babysitting since I was 13 years old. I started babysitting for family friends and neigbors. In the beginning I was caring for short term time periods then eventually it became nannying for certain families.
I also worked at YMCA Durango Hills in Las Vegas from May 2000 - June 2001. I was a temporary camp counselor for summer camp. The youth & family director extended my employment due to the positive feedback the campers & parents had for me.
For the past 8 years I was a personal assistant. I cared for 3 children at a time. At the time I started the children were 8, 9 & 11 yrs of age. My duties were to transport children to schools, at times the children went to different schools, so I had to manage time very well. While the children were in school I did light errands such as pick-up/drop-off dry cleaning, drop-off packages to mail carriers, travel arrangements, laundry, house cleaning. When the children were out of school, I managed a tight schedule for finsihing any homework assignments or projects. I also turtored one of the children extensively for about a year.
I enjoy multiple activities with children - Arts & Crafts, Sports, Reading, Academics, Just to be interactive with children and listen to them is awesome to me!!!
My rules with any child I care for is, the rules the parents have given. Each household is different and I respect and adapt to any family I am caring for.
**** I LOVE ANY & ALL DOMESTIC ANIMALS ****
**** I HAVE AN UPDATED RESUME THAT I CAN EMAIL UPON REQUEST****
**** I HAVE IMPECCABLE REFERENCES THAT i CAN EMAIL TOO; INCLUDING THE FAMILY I CURRENTLY NANNY FOR****
Age Specific Experience
10 years of paid child care experience with:
- First year
- Toddlers (1 to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3 to 5 years)
- Grade School (6 to 11 years)
- Pre-teen/Teenagers (12 years and over)
2 to 3 years of infant care experience
- Instruction (proper swaddling, feeding, changing, bathing)
- Assist with setting a routine
- Overnight care
- Mother's helper
- Occasional care
Special Needs Experience
Special Needs Care Experience
- Cognitive Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Medical/Special Healthcare Needs
Special Needs Conditional Experience
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Down Syndrome
Special Needs Services Experience
- Administering Medication
- Assistance With Transportation
- Bed Baths
- Dressing Assistance
- Feeding Assistance
- Feeding Tube
- Insulin Injections
- Specific Meal Preparation (foods to avoid, etc.)
Skills & Abilities
- Finishing homework
- Checking answers
- Studying for a test
- Basic Math
- Elementary Science
- Essay Writing
- Social Studies
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Swimming Supervision
- Potty Training
- Travel with Family
- Willing to run errands as needed
- Willing to drive children to events, school, appointments, or carpooling
Jessica responded very promptly to our advertisement for a new nanny position. We interviewed her, and she was a very impressive candidate. She showed great initiative and follow up, including taking a trial run on the public bus system the day after her interview to confirm there would be no issues with arriving on time for our position. She consistently and thoughtfully followed up on her application as well. Unfortunately, because of my husband's extensive work travel, we moved very slowly in our search and were not able to make a decision prior to the time that Jessica had to make a decision about accepting another position. I was very impressed with her energy, follow through and happy presence. We hope to be able to use Jessica as a sitter for our children for occasional weekend date nights. We were truly impressed with her!
|Jaime R. is a reference for Jessica S.||Relationship: Friend||Join Now to Contact Reference|
|Jason C. is a reference for Jessica S.||Relationship: Former Employer||Join Now to Contact Reference|