Katie B. Nanny in New York, NY 10128.
Looking for full or part-time work as a nanny.
Enhanced Background Check Expired
Enhanced Background Check Expired 08/21/2015
Basic Background Check not run.
Basic Background Check(Not Run)
Motor Vehicle Records Check not run.
Motor Vehicle Records Check(Not Run)
New York, NY
- Age 31
- 13 years paid experience
Last signed in: More than 6 months
Preferred Rate $25-$30 per hour
Hi! I'm Katie. I am currently in a Masters program in Childhood Education at Hunter and student teaching in a fourth grade classroom in the UES. Last year, I student taught in a first grade gifted and talented classroom.
I'm originally from south Georgia, and I graduated from NYU in May 2009. At NYU, I studied English and Art History. I love literature and all kinds of art. Both passions are great attributes for my interactions with youth. love caring for and playing with children because it provides a rich experience you cannot get anywhere else.
I have been babysitting for the past thirteen years, for children of all ages, back home in Georgia and all over Manhattan. In addition, I have three years of full-time nanny experience and my experience with children ranges from age 3 months through age 15, with both boys and girls, and twins.
I'm patient, responsible, and I love to work with children because I have a big imagination, and I'm known for my huge smile which never ceases. I have experience with coordinating playdates, taking children to music & gym classes, arranging meals, transportation, cleaning & picking up after the children, homework help and assisting in the overall intellectual, ethical and social growth of children.
I am happy to provide references. Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 347-433-9380 for any questions.
Thank you & I look forward to hearing from you!
Age Specific Experience
13 years of paid child care experience with:
- First year
- Toddlers (1 to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3 to 5 years)
- Grade School (6 to 11 years)
- Pre-teen/Teenagers (12 years and over)
Special Needs Experience
Special Needs Conditional Experience
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder/Pervasive Developmental Disorder/Asperger Syndrome
- Central Auditory Processing Disorder
- Delayed Speech
- Developmental Language Disorder
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Illness
- Mobility Challenges
- Pervasive Development Disorder
- Visual Impairment
Special Needs Services Experience
- Administering Medication
- Assistance With Transportation
- Dressing Assistance
- Feeding Assistance
- Grooming and Hygiene
- Positive Behavioral Support
- Specific Meal Preparation (foods to avoid, etc.)
Availability & Job Preferences
Willing to consider working as a live in care provider
- Short-term (1 to 3 months)
- Temporary (4 to 12 months)
- Permanent (1 to 2 years)
- Permanent (2 or more years)
- Summer Position
- Will consider either a part time or full time position
- Start date is flexible
My availability is valid through 6/23/16
- Weekends Daytime
- Weekends Evenings
Skills & Abilities
- Meal Preparation
- Travel with Family
- Willing to drive children to events, school, appointments, or carpooling
- Finishing homework
- Checking answers
- Studying for a test
- Basic Math
- Elementary Science
- Earth Science
- Essay Writing
- Social Studies