Nanny in Portland, OR 97206.
Looking for full or part-time work as a nanny.
Enhanced Background Check not run.
Enhanced Background Check(Not Run)
Basic Background Check not run.
Basic Background Check(Not Run)
Motor Vehicle Records Check not run.
Motor Vehicle Records Check(Not Run)
First Aid Training
First Aid Training
- Age 30
- 10 years paid experience
Last signed in: Within two months
Preferred Rate $12-$16 per hour
For the past decade, if not my entire life, I have continuously worked with children in one capacity or another. No matter where life has taken me, I am always driven by my passion for kids. While my nannying experience is limited, my experience with children is not.
During my undergraduate college years in Chicago I tutored elementary-aged students at a nearby elementary school. After graduation I taught special education (K-8) for students with learning disabilities, behavioral disorders, and autism in both public and private school settings.
I also have four younger brothers whom I love dearly. During my stint as the "residential babysitter," I was able to participate in their care from the time they were newborns until they started to emerge into the amazing young adults they are today.
Currently, I am in the process of changing careers. I will be taking night classes starting in January 2017.
A little bit about myself: I am very active. I run, swim, rock climb, hike, or bike most days of the week. I enjoy reading, music, and traveling. I play the violin (for fun--not seriously anymore) and I am starting to explore the joys of cooking and baking.
Age Specific Experience
10 years of paid child care experience with:
- First year
- Toddlers (1 to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3 to 5 years)
- Grade School (6 to 11 years)
- Pre-teen/Teenagers (12 years and over)
2 to 3 years of infant care experience
Special Needs Experience
Special Needs Care Experience
- Cognitive Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Medical/Special Healthcare Needs
Special Needs Conditional Experience
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder/Pervasive Developmental Disorder/Asperger Syndrome
- Delayed Speech
- Developmental Language Disorder
- Hearing Loss
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Illness
- Mobility Challenges
- Pervasive Development Disorder
- Premature Newborn
- Visual Impairment
Special Needs Services Experience
- Administering Medication
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Assistance With Transportation
- Bladder and Bowel Assistance
- Dressing Assistance
- Feeding Assistance
- Grooming and Hygiene
- Positive Behavioral Support
Availability & Job Preferences
Willing to consider working as a live in care provider
- Short-term (1 to 3 months)
- Temporary (4 to 12 months)
- Permanent (1 to 2 years)
- Will consider either a part time or full time position
- Start date is flexible
My availability is valid through 8/27/14
- Open (all day, everyday)
Skills & Abilities
- Finishing homework
- Checking answers
- Studying for a test
- Basic Math
- Elementary Science
- Earth Science
- Essay Writing
- Social Studies
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Swimming Supervision
- Potty Training
- Travel with Family
- Willing to run errands as needed
- Willing to drive children to events, school, appointments, or carpooling