Karina M. Nanny in Providence, RI 02940. Looking for full or part-time work as a nanny.
Enhanced Background Check not run.
Enhanced Background Check(Not Run)
Basic Background Check not run.
Basic Background Check(Not Run)
Motor Vehicle Records Check not run.
Motor Vehicle Records Check(Not Run)
First Aid Training
First Aid Training
- Age 26
- 12 years paid experience
Last signed in: Within a month
Rating (1 review)
Preferred Rate $15-$25 per hour
* I am currently looking for occasional babysitting positions. I specialize in infant care and would prefer babies but I love children of all ages.
* I began my career with children at an early age. I started babysitting when I was 12 and have enjoyed caring for children ever since. I have experience both as a childcare teacher and as an overnight infant care specialist. I have spent the past four years as a full time professional nanny for children ages 0-3. I hold a degree in Early Childhood Education and am almost finished with a degree in Child Development. * I know the basics of (baby) Sign Language and Spanish. I don't have the best voice, but that doesn't stop me from singing with children constantly (they don't seem to mind!) * I have a naturalist philosophy, I try not to force children to do things that they aren't ready for. I have experience with the RIE philosophy and try to implement it whenever possible. Nevertheless, the parent's philosophy will always take precedence over mine. I believe that a parent should be in control of what their child is exposed to. * I do need to add in that I have been referred to as Mary Poppins... more than once! *I have recently been featured as a nanny in an article in a well regarded Boston newspaper.
Age Specific Experience
12 years of paid child care experience with:
- First year
- Toddlers (1 to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3 to 5 years)
- Grade School (6 to 11 years)
- Pre-teen/Teenagers (12 years and over)
More than 10 years of infant care experience
- Instruction (proper swaddling, feeding, changing, bathing)
- Assist with setting a routine
- Overnight care
- Mother's helper
- Occasional care
Special Needs Experience
Special Needs Care Experience
- Cognitive Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Medical/Special Healthcare Needs
Special Needs Conditional Experience
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Delayed Speech
- Down Syndrome
- Mental Illness
- Premature Newborn
Special Needs Services Experience
- Dressing Assistance
- Feeding Assistance
- Sign Language
Availability & Job Preferences
- Short-term (1 to 3 months)
- Will consider either a part time or full time position
- Start date is flexible
My availability is valid through 1/31/14
- Weekday Evenings
- Weekends Daytime
- Weekends Evenings
Skills & Abilities
- Light Housekeeping
- Swimming Supervision
- Potty Training
- Willing to run errands as needed
- Willing to drive children to events, school, appointments, or carpooling
- Homework Help
Karina is absolutely wonderful! She has been our one-year-old son's nanny since the summer, and we are so sorry to have to say goodbye -- but thrilled for her own new little one to arrive! She is so good with our little boy, and he clearly adores her. Karina is both relaxed and completely organized and on top of things. She keeps to his schedule, plans fun outings, interacts with him constantly, and is on board with our no-screens policy and other parenting quirks.
Karina is always working with him to teach him new things (blowing kisses, waving are a few recent examples) and gives us regular feedback about his development and other observations. She also sends email or text reports at the end of the day to let us know what they did, how long he napped, etc. And she's an excellent communicator in general: she always lets us know if they are going to the zoo or somewhere, and often during my workday, she's sent adorable pictures of my son having fun.
We've appreciated the creativity she brings and the loving and nurturing she lavishes on our son. It is great piece of mind knowing he is in such competent and caring hands when we are not with him. I cannot recommend Karina highly enough: as a sitter or a full time nanny, she will be both a delight to your children and a blessing to your family.
|Tamar P. is a reference for Karina M.||Relationship: Former Employer||Join Now to Contact Reference|
|Megan M. is a reference for Karina M.||Relationship: Former Employer||Join Now to Contact Reference|