Do you dread the after-school activities carpool chaos? Is helping your kids with homework the last thing you want to do after work? Then an after-school nanny may be a great solution for you and your family.
What’s An After-School Nanny?
Most schools end their day between the hours of 2-3:30 pm and most parents are not done with their workday until 4-7 pm. Working an average of 20 hours a week, Monday through Friday, an after-school nanny is someone that can handle different tasks to fill the logistical gap between the end of the school day and the end of your work day.
What Do After-School Nannies Do?
The roles and responsibilities of an after-school nanny can vary widely, so you’ll need to determine your exact needs. Here’s a list of some of the things you could ask an after-school nanny to do:
- Maintain daily schedule for children and implement routines.
- Transport children, including school pick-up and drop-off, scheduled activities, and play dates.
- Help with homework, other school assignments, and provide tutoring as needed.
- Supervise free play and facilitate structured activities.
- Prepare after-school snacks or dinner for children according to their specific needs.
- Handle and facilitate household tasks like completing errands, doing laundry, washing dishes, cleaning up, and tidying with assistance from children.
- Provide an environment that enables children to learn and play and continually be engaged throughout the afternoon/evening.
- Oversee the bedtime routine which could include bathing, brushing teeth, prepping clothes for the next day, and story-time.
An after-school nanny can not only lighten parents’ loads but also ease your mind. The workday can sometimes become hectic and things can happen. An after-school nanny can support families with flexibility, effective communication, problem-solving, patience, and understanding. The ultimate goal is to make the parents’ life easier! Find the after-school nanny your family needs by posting a job on Sittercity.