Valerie C. Care Companion in Meadville, PA 16335
Looking for full or part-time work as a care companion.
Enhanced background check
Enhanced background check(Not Run)
Basic background check
Basic background check(Not Run)
Motor vehicle records check
Motor vehicle records check(Not Run)
- 3 years paid experience
Last signed in: Within three months
Home Care Rates
$25 per hour
$150 per half day
$220 per full day
$1000 per week
$3800 per month
Valerie A. Cheney, M.A.
10903 Springs Road, Meadville, PA 16335
February 15, 2021
To Whom It May Concern:
Please accept this cover letter in application for position of Care Giver/Sitter for children or those need support. My education and clinical experience have prepared me very well for this position.
My qualifications include the following:
• Master of Arts degree in Counseling from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania (CACREP accredited).
• All doctoral coursework completed towards PhD in Counseling Psychology.
• Twenty-four years professional work experience as a mental health therapist: Outpatient Mental Health Therapist at Stairways Behavioral Health in Meadville (13 years); BHRS/Wraparound Clinical Supervisor & Mobile Therapist (7 years); Psychotherapist as doctoral student (5+ years); Child Development Specialist at a children’s residential treatment center (3 years).
• LPC licensure in progress. Both individual and group supervision requirements are met. Need to take NCE & then submit application.
• Experience working with individual, couples, parent-child for over two decades.
I have extensive mental health experience working with individuals from various cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Given decades of counseling experience; it is my professional objective to find employment in social services field working with children and families.
I am the motivated & hard working professional whom has the education and clinical skills necessary to meet the needs of this position. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity of speaking with you further. You may contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 1-724-699-2006.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Valerie A. Cheney, MA
Age Specific Experience
3 years paid experience with:
- Under 55 years old
- 55 to 64 years old
- 65 to 74 years old
Experience with providing basic care services:
- Conversation and companionship
- Medication reminders
- Social activities
- Mobility assistance
Experience with providing individualized services:
- Medication Administration
- Medication Assistance
- Medication Management
- Grooming Guidance
- Assistance with Pets
- Meal Planning
- Nutrition Education
Willing to run errands
Willing to provide non-medical transportation (e.g. to appointments, shopping, errands, etc.)
Availability & Job Preferences
Prefers to provide visiting care
- Short term (1 to 3 months)
- Temporary (4 to 12 months)
- On call (as needed)
- Willing consider either a part time or full time position
- Start date is flexible
My availability is valid through 3/19/21
- Open availability on weekdays (M-F)