Nanny in Brighton, MA 02135.
Looking for part-time work as a nanny.
Enhanced Background Check not run.
Enhanced Background Check(Not Run)
Basic Background Check not run.
Basic Background Check(Not Run)
Motor Vehicle Records Check not run.
Motor Vehicle Records Check(Not Run)
First Aid Training
First Aid Training
- Age 27
- 16 years paid experience
Last signed in: More than 6 months
Preferred Rate $13-$20 per hour
My name is Molly. I am starting this fall at Boston College in the Masters in Social Work program. For the past three years, while finishing my undergraduate degree in Psychology at UMass Amherst, I worked at a private school for children with mental health and behavioral problems. I primarily worked with children ages 9-13, though I taught extracurricular classes for older adolescents as well. At my job I bacome experienced working with children with emotional regulation difficulties, ADHD, trauma history, as well as LGBT+ youth and families and kids on the autism spectrum. I plan on continuing to focus on children at BC, and plan a career as a child and family therapist.
I am trained in CPR, first aid, and de-escalation techniques. I have my own car, baby seat for ~24 months, and a clean driving record.
Before I worked at the school, I was a nanny for many long years. I have mostly worked with families with older children and adolescents (9-14), but have also worked kiddos as young as 1 and 2. I miss working with just one, two, or three (or four!) kids at a time. I became very attached to the kids I have nannied in the past and still keep in touch with the majority of them.
In my spare time I'm an artist, so arts and crafts are some of my favorite activities. I have a lot of fun projects that I love to share with kids. I love to paint and have taught a bit of more advanced level drawing and painting as well as crafts targeted for younger kids. I enjoy everything from knitting to puzzle making to homemade play-doh.
I understand the difficulties of modern parenting, and am eager to help out where I can, whether that means spending the better part of the afternoon driving from piano lessons to soccer practice or making a sure screen time rules are enforced.
Age Specific Experience
16 years of paid child care experience with:
- First year
- Toddlers (1 to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3 to 5 years)
- Grade School (6 to 11 years)
- Pre-teen/Teenagers (12 years and over)
- Assist with setting a routine
- Mother's helper
- Occasional care
Special Needs Experience
Special Needs Care Experience
- Cognitive Disabilities
Special Needs Conditional Experience
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder/Pervasive Developmental Disorder/Asperger Syndrome
- Down Syndrome
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Illness
- Pervasive Development Disorder
- Sensory Integration Disorder
Special Needs Services Experience
- Assistance With Transportation
- Positive Behavioral Support
- Recreational Music or Art Therapy
Availability & Job Preferences
- Short-term (1 to 3 months)
- Temporary (4 to 12 months)
- Permanent (1 to 2 years)
- Permanent (2 or more years)
- Will consider a part time position
- Available to start on 9/5/2016
My availability is valid through 11/14/16
- Weekday Early Morning (Before School)
- Day-time Weekdays (M - F)
- Weekday Afternoons (After School)
- Weekends Daytime
- Weekends Evenings
Skills & Abilities
- Finishing homework
- Checking answers
- Studying for a test
- Basic Math
- Elementary Science
- Earth Science
- Essay Writing
- Social Studies
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Swimming Supervision
- Potty Training
- Willing to run errands as needed
- Willing to drive children to events, school, appointments, or carpooling
|Maggie G. is a reference for Molly R.||Relationship: Former Employer||Join Now to Contact Reference|
|Alicia O. is a reference for Molly R.||Relationship: Family||Join Now to Contact Reference|