Nanny in Richmond, VA 23220.
Looking for full-time work as a nanny.
Enhanced Background Check not run.
Enhanced Background Check(Not Run)
Basic Background Check not run.
Basic Background Check(Not Run)
Motor Vehicle Records Check not run.
Motor Vehicle Records Check(Not Run)
First Aid Training
First Aid Training
- Age 28
- 9 years paid experience
Last signed in: More than 6 months
Preferred Rate $13-$18 per hour
I am currently committed to a family until the end of the school year in June of 2016. I have worked for them for 4.5 years (5 in July!) and love them however our needs are shifting. Ideally I would like to pursue something full-time and at least 6 months.
I previously worked at Huguenot United Methodist PreSchool as a teacher until I decided to return to school full-time. I really enjoyed my work there and couldn't have been blessed with a more supportive and fun place to work. I love working with children one-on-one and have found that I am not a huge fan of being in a classroom. I am aunt to 7 neices and nephews and sadly am not always considered the "fun aunt"...I'm called when there's help needed! I can be fun but tend to be the go-to person and offer consistency. I am comfortable with an array of circumstances and will be honest about what care I can provide for you and your family.
I am American Red Cross certified in Adult/Infant/Child First Aide & CPR.
I am a Professional Birth Doula trained with toLabor.
I have almost completed certification as an LPN.
In the fall of 2007 I became a member of SitterCity and had a great experience with finding a family for after-school hours. I again had a great experience with finding a summer job(2008) here as well.
I began nannying in 2006, working in Atlanta Georgia for two familes simultaneously and returned to the Richmond area. After highschool I planned on taking a "gap" year but after six months I decided that I enjoyed working with children and was good at it and returned to Virginia for school. I have been married since 2012 and live downtown with my husband and our wirehaired Dachshund.
I am happy to send you my "nanny resume" and references after contact.
Age Specific Experience
9 years of paid child care experience with:
- First year
- Toddlers (1 to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3 to 5 years)
- Grade School (6 to 11 years)
- Pre-teen/Teenagers (12 years and over)
6 to 10 years of infant care experience
- Instruction (proper swaddling, feeding, changing, bathing)
- Assist with setting a routine
- Mother's helper
Special Needs Experience
Special Needs Care Experience
- Physical Disabilities
Special Needs Conditional Experience
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder/Pervasive Developmental Disorder/Asperger Syndrome
- Hearing Loss
Special Needs Services Experience
- Administering Medication
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Assistance With Transportation
- Bladder and Bowel Assistance
- Dressing Assistance
- Feeding Assistance
- Grooming and Hygiene
- Lifting and Transferring
- Mobility Assistance
- Positive Behavioral Support
- Recreational Music or Art Therapy
- Specific Meal Preparation (foods to avoid, etc.)
Availability & Job Preferences
- Temporary (4 to 12 months)
- Permanent (1 to 2 years)
- Permanent (2 or more years)
- Will consider a full time position
- Start date is flexible
My availability is valid through 5/3/16
- Open availability on weekdays (M-F)
Skills & Abilities
- Finishing homework
- Checking answers
- Studying for a test
- Basic Math
- Elementary Science
- Earth Science
- Essay Writing
- Social Studies
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Swimming Supervision
- Potty Training
- Willing to run errands as needed
- Willing to drive children to events, school, appointments, or carpooling