Alexandrea E. Nanny in Hayward, CA 94541.
Looking for part-time work as a nanny.
Enhanced Background Check not run.
Enhanced Background Check(Not Run)
Basic Background Check Expired
Basic Background Check Expired 02/14/2016
Motor Vehicle Records Check not run.
Motor Vehicle Records Check(Not Run)
First Aid Training
First Aid Training
- Age 33
- 12 years paid experience
Last signed in: More than 6 months
Preferred Rate $500-$1200 per week
My name is Alexandrea "Alex" and I have been a certified nanny for over 10 years. I received my Bachelors from Spelman College where I majored in Psychology/Child Development.
I have worked with numerous volunteer groups that involved many hours working with kids day in and day out. Here is a brief description of some of the organizations I've worked with and what we did:
1) AmeriCorps (NCCC): Traveled around the U.S. working with Non-profit organization : I worked in a Washington D.C. school in the preschool /kindergarten classrooms. I was able to build a playground for the inner city youth, as well as take care of local children at a nearby homeless shelter with their homework and set a good path for them to have a prospective future.
2) TATU Teens Against Tobacco Use: conducted skits and information packets to go to local schools and teach kids about the effects of tobacco. We traveled to speak with kids as young as those in 1st grade.
3) Marin Youth Education Coalition: Volunteered to help kids with their homework, and give them a fun environment to play in after it was completed.Locally in Atlanta, I am a Court Appointed Special Advocate Volunteer within the Juvenile Court along with being a member of Hands on Atlanta. This is just a brief look into the many ways that children have been a part of my life. In general I love doing art projects, playing sports I have played soccer,volleyball (competitively) and basketball; just shooting around, I absolutely love music, and am very open to making up fun things to pass the time. In terms of activities, I love to go to the park or general walks, read, music, art projects, coloring, painting, bubbles, blocks...etc. I work with whatever is available as well as bring in materials that I think would be fun and helpful based on your child's personality and likes. I am really open to any and everything that will allow kids to be kids as well as allow them to be creative and learn at the same time. The main thing that I am looking for is a family that is open to having someone come in their home and become a member of the family and not an employer-employee relationship. I have stayed in contact with every family that I have worked with and want to maintain relationships like that in all future families. Thank you for taking the time to read a little about me! I look forward to hearing about your family soon :D
Age Specific Experience
12 years of paid child care experience with:
- First year
- Toddlers (1 to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3 to 5 years)
- Grade School (6 to 11 years)
- Pre-teen/Teenagers (12 years and over)
More than 10 years of infant care experience
- Instruction (proper swaddling, feeding, changing, bathing)
- Assist with setting a routine
- Overnight care
- Mother's helper
- Occasional care
Special Needs Experience
Special Needs Conditional Experience
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Delayed Speech
- Premature Newborn
Availability & Job Preferences
- Short-term (1 to 3 months)
- Temporary (4 to 12 months)
- Permanent (1 to 2 years)
- Permanent (2 or more years)
- Summer Position
- Will consider a part time position
- Start date is flexible
My availability is valid through 12/21/15
- Weekday Evenings
- Weekends Daytime
- Weekends Evenings
Skills & Abilities
- Checking answers
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Potty Training
- Willing to run errands as needed
- Willing to drive children to events, school, appointments, or carpooling
Trustline is California's official background check for license-exempt child care providers (i.e. babysitters and nannies) and the only authorized screening program in California with access to fingerprint records at the California Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation and access to the California Child Abuse Central Index. The Trustline registry toll-free telephone number is 1-800-822-8490.
Pursuant to Section 1596.859 of the Health and Safety Code, parents have the right to receive information regarding any substantiated or inconclusive complaint about licensed child care providers. That information is public and can be acquired by visiting the California Department of Social Services' Internet Web site at "www.ccld.ca.gov".