Nanny in Chicago Ridge, IL 60415.
Looking for full or part-time work as a nanny.
Enhanced Background Check not run.
Enhanced Background Check(Not Run)
Basic Background Check Expired
Basic Background Check Expired 12/07/2014
Motor Vehicle Records Check Expired
Motor Vehicle Records Check Expired 12/08/2014
First Aid Training
First Aid Training
Chicago Ridge, IL
- Age 28
- 10 years paid experience
Last signed in: More than 6 months
Rating (1 review)
Preferred Rate $12-$15 per hour
Preschool Teacher (2006-2012)
• Helped develop lesson plans that were developmentally appropriate for the preschool classroom.
• Implemented creative curriculum into my classroom.
• Attended seminars on:
Math for the young child
Reading is fun.
• Managed 15 children’s portfolios on their growth within the school year and applied all of my lessons to the Illinois licensing standards.
• Worked within the infant and toddler classrooms to help teachers with developing appropriate lesson plans.
Nanny (June 2012- June 2013)
• Cared for at least three children at a time in home.
• Planned activities to work on during free time to help each child enhance their learning in math, reading, and science.
• Planned daily “field trips” around the neighborhood to incorporate teachable moments within our day.
Paraprofessional in a Special Education School (June 2013-Present)
• Assisted each student with their personal need such as eating, bathroom, or mobility.
• Worked under a Board Certified Behavior Analyst on implementing behavior plans for each child in the classroom.
• Assisted students with daily school work and helped each student meet their educational goal.
• Helped cooperating teacher plan activities to enhance the students learning in symbol recognition, science, art, and music.
Moraine Valley Community College
I have successfully completed my Associates Degree concentrating in Child Care. During this program I learned a number of learning technics to help each child reach their full potential. I was chosen to present my infant interest center at the Moraine Valley Child Care Conference. I interned in an infant classroom for 5 months creating developmentally appropriate activities for infants. We worked on fine motor skills, baby sign language, and gross motor skills.
Governor State University
In December of 2014, I will have successfully completed my Bachelors Degree in Psychology. This degree helps me understand human and animal behavior in everyday life. Starting at the end of August 2014, I will have four classes starting at 4:30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. I plan to continue my education in graduate school focusing in the Behavior Analysis field in August of 2015.
I am certified in CPR and First Aid.
Age Specific Experience
10 years of paid child care experience with:
- First year
- Toddlers (1 to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3 to 5 years)
- Grade School (6 to 11 years)
- Pre-teen/Teenagers (12 years and over)
4 to 5 years of infant care experience
- Instruction (proper swaddling, feeding, changing, bathing)
- Assist with setting a routine
- Mother's helper
- Occasional care
Special Needs Experience
Special Needs Care Experience
- Cognitive Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Medical/Special Healthcare Needs
Special Needs Conditional Experience
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder/Pervasive Developmental Disorder/Asperger Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Delayed Speech
- Down Syndrome
- Hearing Loss
- Learning Disabilities
- Mobility Challenges
- Visual Impairment
Special Needs Services Experience
- Administering Medication
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Assistance With Transportation
- Bladder and Bowel Assistance
- Dressing Assistance
- Feeding Assistance
- Feeding Tube
- Grooming and Hygiene
- Lifting and Transferring
- Mobility Assistance
- Positive Behavioral Support
- Sign Language
Availability & Job Preferences
- Temporary (4 to 12 months)
- Will consider either a part time or full time position
- Start date is flexible
My availability is valid through 8/21/15
- Open availability on weekdays (M-F)
Skills & Abilities
- Finishing homework
- Checking answers
- Studying for a test
- Basic Math
- Elementary Science
- Earth Science
- Essay Writing
- Social Studies
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Potty Training
- Willing to drive children to events, school, appointments, or carpooling
Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful! My 3 children absolutely love Alyssa! She's very dependable and kind with our children! She checks in with me throughout the day sending me pictures and videos! She is very attentive to my infant- writing out his daily activities so I know feeding/naps. Very well organized and impressive at her interview. She had compiled a folder of copies of her references and her degree, etc. She exudes professionalism! She also had a reference from the Childcare program director at Moraine Valley! At the time of I interviewed Alyssa we had another nanny that we were transitioning out and unfortunate for us Alyssa, understandably, found another position before we could offer ours. We will miss her- she truly is a blessing to any family!
|Serena S. is a reference for Alyssa E.||Relationship: Former Employer||Join Now to Contact Reference|
|Darcey R. is a reference for Alyssa E.||Relationship: Former Employer||Join Now to Contact Reference|