Nanny in Chicago, IL 60654.
Looking for full-time work as a nanny.
Enhanced Background Check not run.
Enhanced Background Check(Not Run)
Basic Background Check not run.
Basic Background Check(Not Run)
Motor Vehicle Records Check not run.
Motor Vehicle Records Check(Not Run)
First Aid Training
First Aid Training
- Age 31
- 8 years paid experience
Last signed in: Within four months
Preferred Rate $18-$22 per hour
My name is Jamie, and I am a 30 year old Chicago native who is looking for a full time nanny position. For the past 5 years I have worked as a Developmental Therapist in small group and individual settings.
I earned my Undergraduate Degree in Psychology from the University of Massachusetts-Amherst in 2007 and obtained my Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education from DePaul University, as well as my Type 04 certification in 2010.
The majority of my previous work experience has been with preschool age children. As an educator and developmental therapist I have worked with a number of children and families with a range of developmental needs. I am a strong believer that play is essential in the development of young children. I have seen, first hand, how expanding children’s play correlates with learning and symbolic thinking. I have gained a wealth of knowledge around supporting children’s social-emotional, physical/motor, and language development through a developmental, play-based approach.
As a nanny, I look forward to using my experience in both early childhood education and therapeutic intervention as a foundation.
Age Specific Experience
8 years of paid child care experience with:
- First year
- Toddlers (1 to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3 to 5 years)
- Grade School (6 to 11 years)
Special Needs Experience
Special Needs Care Experience
- Cognitive Disabilities
Special Needs Conditional Experience
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder/Pervasive Developmental Disorder/Asperger Syndrome
- Delayed Speech
- Developmental Language Disorder
- Learning Disabilities
- Pervasive Development Disorder
- Sensory Integration Disorder
Availability & Job Preferences
- Temporary (4 to 12 months)
- Permanent (1 to 2 years)
- Will consider a full time position
- Available to start on 9/1/2016
My availability is valid through 9/28/16
- Day-time Weekdays (M - F)
Skills & Abilities
- Meal Preparation
- Potty Training
- Willing to drive children to events, school, appointments, or carpooling
- Homework Help