Nanny in Chicago, IL 60647.
Looking for full-time work as a nanny.
Enhanced Background Check not run.
Enhanced Background Check(Not Run)
Basic Background Check Expired
Basic Background Check Expired 12/25/2014
Motor Vehicle Records Check not run.
Motor Vehicle Records Check(Not Run)
- Age 30
- 15 years paid experience
Last signed in: This week
Rating (1 review)
Preferred Rate $15-$18 per hour
In addition to my profile information, I have a lot of experience with infants and toddlers after being an active aunt with two little girls for the past 9 years. To add to that, I was recently a part time nanny for a 7 month old baby girl (now almost 3) and prior to that, a full time nanny to 4 amazing kids under 7 ( 2 of them were infant twins). Some other qualities that help me to be a better babysitter include...
- Camp Counseling: In 2008, served as a counselor and instructor at Camp Laurel South in Maine. I supervised/lived with 8/9 years old girls the first session, and 11 year old girls the second session. Laurel South in an overnight co-ed camp where I also taught dance and aerobics to both boys and girls, ages 7-15;
- Volunteering: for the St. Vincent DePaul Center afterschool program (3 year olds), Our Lady of the Wood Church Summer Camp in Palos Park (4 & 5 year olds), Lincoln Park Zoo Kids Days (all ages), after school volunteer for Sandbox preschool in Orland Park
- working for The Latin School Extended Day program (ages 4-5 & 10-11),
- taking classes on Social and Physical development, as well as Children's Theatre and Performance
- one-on-one assistance and mentoring for a child with down syndrome enrolled in a dance class (1 year experience)
- Food Allergies: I was a nanny for a year with two children with severe food allergies (eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish). I feel very comfortable in this area.
Overall, I really enjoy being a fun, attentive, and caring babysitter for children. I love being healthy, reading stories, playing games, helping with homework, cooking dinner (for the parents too), building forts, going to the park, and just being a good role model.
Age Specific Experience
15 years of paid child care experience with:
- First year
- Toddlers (1 to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3 to 5 years)
- Grade School (6 to 11 years)
- Pre-teen/Teenagers (12 years and over)
More than 10 years of infant care experience
- Instruction (proper swaddling, feeding, changing, bathing)
- Assist with setting a routine
- Occasional care
Special Needs Experience
Special Needs Conditional Experience
- Down Syndrome
Availability & Job Preferences
- Temporary (4 to 12 months)
- Permanent (1 to 2 years)
- Permanent (2 or more years)
- Will consider a full time position
- Start date is flexible
My availability is valid through 1/31/15
- Open availability on weekdays (M-F)
Skills & Abilities
- Finishing homework
- Checking answers
- Studying for a test
- Basic Math
- Elementary Science
- Earth Science
- Essay Writing
- Social Studies
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Swimming Supervision
- Potty Training
- Willing to run errands as needed
- Willing to drive children to events, school, appointments, or carpooling
Lorna was such a joy to have in our home for the several months that she watched our baby (from 7 months - 12 months). We could tell from the beginning that she was professional, compassionate, and confident. She took initiative and looked for ways to improve the baby's schedule, her nutrition, and always kept things picked up and organized. Besides giving our daughter excellent care and giving us great advice, Lorna became a dear friend and we miss her now that she moved on to new opportunities. She will always be welcomed as a part of our family.
|Kathy D. is a reference for Lorna B.||Join Now to Contact Reference|
|The I. is a reference for Lorna B.||Join Now to Contact Reference|