Nanny in Chicago, IL 60618.
Looking for part-time work as a nanny.
Enhanced Background Check not run.
Enhanced Background Check(Not Run)
Basic Background Check Expired
Basic Background Check Expired 12/09/2015
Motor Vehicle Records Check not run.
Motor Vehicle Records Check(Not Run)
- Age 42
- 21 years paid experience
Last signed in: Within a month
Rating (1 review)
Preferred Rate $15-$18 per hour
I have been a childcare provider/nanny/mother’s helper for the past 21 years. I thoroughly enjoy being a part of a child's development and seeing them grow. I've had great experiences with children of all ages, including newborns. I am currently seeking a part time position Tue, Wed, Thur, from 8am til 4 or 5pm with some flexibility in the morning and afternoon starting April 18th 2017. I currently live in Independence Park Area, so I'm looking for something that's close such as Old Irving Park, North Center, Roscoe Village, Portage Park, Logan Square, Wicker park and surrounding areas.
I am nurturing, responsible, fun-loving and active. In my many years of experience I have been involved in all aspects of children’s lives at all ages.
Experience with babies and toddlers included:
- Following nap schedules
- Daily outdoor activities such as walks, parks, beaches, playgroups, other activities
- Cared for sick children, took children to the doctors when needed
- Potty training
- Age-appropriate educational activities such as Educational activities things with the children shapes, colors, alphabet, numbers, puzzles and animals etc
- Supervising play dates with other families and children.
Experience with school-age children included:
- Preparing children for school
- Attending extra-curricular activities
- Assisting with homework and class projects.
- Educational activities and trips including museums (e.g. Museum of Science and Industry, Shedd Aquarium) and nature exploration (e.g. Lincoln Park Zoo, local Chicago beaches)
- Supervising play dates with other families and children
As a mother myself, I know how important it is to make life easier for parents. In addition to caring for the children, I also prepare meals (breakfast and lunch) and light household work (including laundry, errands, etc.) and general assistance with what is needed for the entire family.
I have loved the children and have had wonderful experiences with all of the families I have worked with over the years. I hope that you find my profile to be something that is of interest to you.
References will be provided upon request
Age Specific Experience
21 years of paid child care experience with:
- First year
- Toddlers (1 to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3 to 5 years)
- Grade School (6 to 11 years)
- Pre-teen/Teenagers (12 years and over)
More than 10 years of infant care experience
- Instruction (proper swaddling, feeding, changing, bathing)
- Assist with setting a routine
- Mother's helper
Special Needs Experience
Special Needs Conditional Experience
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Premature Newborn
Availability & Job Preferences
- Short-term (1 to 3 months)
- Temporary (4 to 12 months)
- Permanent (1 to 2 years)
- Permanent (2 or more years)
- Summer Position
- Will consider a part time position
- Start date is flexible
My availability is valid through 6/23/17
- Open availability on weekdays (M-F)
Skills & Abilities
- Finishing homework
- Checking answers
- Studying for a test
- Basic Math
- Essay Writing
- Social Studies
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Swimming Supervision
- Potty Training
- Willing to run errands as needed
- Willing to drive children to events, school, appointments, or carpooling
Rachel is my nanny currently and we are moving and SO sad to have to say goodbye. She has been with us for over two years and she has become like a part of our family. Any family would be incredibly lucky to have Rachel care for their children.
Rachel is absolutely wonderful with my kids (girl age 2.5; boy age 9mo) dog (annoying black lab) and house (I am unorganized and seriously don’t know what I am going to do without Rachel). She is British, in her late 30s, has 10+ years of experience as a nanny, a mother herself.
Rachel is extremely active and engaged with my kids, taking them out and about in all seasons. (Way better than I am about getting out and about!) When they nap she doesn’t stop, she does light housekeeping and laundry and is always asking if she can help me or taking the initiative herself with things above and beyond her role as a nanny. She just successfully potty trained my daughter!
She is simply a good person with a good heart, trustworthy, smart, reliable, I just can’t say enough good things about her.
Please feel free to contact me for more information. Beth - firstname.lastname@example.org
|Heather G. is a reference for Rachel F.||Relationship: Former Employer||Join Now to Contact Reference|
|Elizabeth B. is a reference for Rachel F.||Relationship: Former Employer||Join Now to Contact Reference|