Kathryn (kate) B.
Nanny in Portland, OR 97206.
Looking for full or part-time work as a nanny.
Enhanced Background Check not run.
Enhanced Background Check(Not Run)
Basic Background Check not run.
Basic Background Check(Not Run)
Motor Vehicle Records Check not run.
Motor Vehicle Records Check(Not Run)
- Age 28
- 10 years paid experience
Last signed in: More than 6 months
Preferred Rate $15-$20 per hour
Kathryn (kate)’s Bio
I have been babysitting for several years and have a natural ability and passion for connecting with children of all ages. I build strong relationships with the kids I babysit for and their parents. I'm patient, caring and kind. I'm a great listener. I come with ideas for fun and engaging activities to do with kids. I see the best in kids and help them to see the best in themselves. I'm happy to do some fun and educational activities and/or exertions too.
I am responsible and reliable. I'm flexible with when I work and the particular needs and wants of each family that I work with. I car and a clean driving record. I am happy to help with housework and cooking.
I am a certified elementary and special education teacher with experience teaching in a resource room and an Academic Learning Center in elementary schools and as a 1:1 assistant for students. I enjoy working with kids of all different profiles and ability levels. I have experience working with kids with ADHD, learning disabilities, developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, emotional behavioral disorders and dwarfism.
I have great references that I am happy to provide upon request. I look forward to hearing from you!
Age Specific Experience
10 years of paid child care experience with:
- First year
- Toddlers (1 to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3 to 5 years)
- Grade School (6 to 11 years)
- Pre-teen/Teenagers (12 years and over)
6 to 10 years of infant care experience
- Assist with setting a routine
- Overnight care
- Mother's helper
- Occasional care
Special Needs Experience
Special Needs Care Experience
- Cognitive Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Medical/Special Healthcare Needs
Special Needs Conditional Experience
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder/Pervasive Developmental Disorder/Asperger Syndrome
- Down Syndrome
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Hearing Loss
- Pervasive Development Disorder
- Sensory Integration Disorder
Special Needs Services Experience
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Positive Behavioral Support
Availability & Job Preferences
Willing to consider working as a live in care provider
- Short-term (1 to 3 months)
- Temporary (4 to 12 months)
- Will consider either a part time or full time position
- Start date is flexible
My availability is valid through 2/4/15
- Open (all day, everyday)
Skills & Abilities
- Finishing homework
- Checking answers
- Studying for a test
- Basic Math
- Elementary Science
- Essay Writing
- Social Studies
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Swimming Supervision
- Potty Training
- Travel with Family
- Willing to run errands as needed
- Willing to drive children to events, school, appointments, or carpooling