Patrice M. Nanny in Charles City, VA 23030. Looking for full-time work as a nanny.
Enhanced Background Check not run.
Enhanced Background Check(Not Run)
Basic Background Check Expired
Basic Background Check Expired 03/06/2014
Motor Vehicle Records Check Expired
Motor Vehicle Records Check Expired 03/06/2014
First Aid Training
First Aid Training
Charles City, VA
- Age 48
- 25 years paid experience
Last signed in: More than 6 months
Preferred Rate $200-$400 per week
1982 - 2013 Children's Caregiver
- Cared for children ages newborn to 17 years old.
- Cared for children in the home of parents and at my home (involved overnight stays in either home). Provided flexibility for parents work and travel schedules.
- Ensured that children participated in many diverse age appropriate activities and cultural events within the local city.
- Ensured that schedules were followed according to parents' schedule whether in parents' home or my home.
- Maintained open lines of communication with parents and texted photos of children at various activities to keep parents abreast, especially while parents were on travel.
- Transported children to/from daycare/school and transported them to various sporting events and extracurricular activities.
- Attended events (i.e. swim meets) and other school related activities (i.e., cheerleading competitions, softball games, school plays, etc.) to support and encourage the child(ren).
- Assisted child(ren) in completing school projects and homework.
- Took child(ren) to the park and child entertainment/edutainment activites such as the Children's Museum, bookstore, library, Chuck E. Cheese, bowling, etc. (depending on interest of child(ren).
1996-2013 Youth Programs Volunteer
- Brownie Troop Leader - Varina (Henrico, VA) for 23 1st-3rd graders.
- Worked with 50 kids in youth programs ranging from community service activities, summer job opportunities, computer classes, mentoring programs, etc.
- Enrichment activities coordinator (2-3 graders).
- Summer Sizzling Fun Week Activity Coordinator.
2010 Summer Chess Camp Assistant (Volunteer)
- Provided planning services 6 months prior to Chess Camp.
- Worked with Maurice Ashley (International Chess Champion) and staff to coordinate all camp activities.
- Raised funds for camp and provided budget management for camp.
- Provided excellent communication for parents and 40 campers.
2009 Summer Camp Director (Volunteer)
- Director of Summer Camp for children ages 5-14.
- Planned activities for 8 week summer camp.
- Interacted with and provided ongoing communication to parents.
- Worked on end of camp closing program for parents and guests of campers.
- Managed camp counselors and other staff of 15.
- Worked with outside organizations such as the Library, Fire Department, the Zoo, etc to provide learning activities for campers.
Age Specific Experience
25 years of paid child care experience with:
- First year
- Toddlers (1 to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3 to 5 years)
- Grade School (6 to 11 years)
- Pre-teen/Teenagers (12 years and over)
More than 10 years of infant care experience
- Instruction (proper swaddling, feeding, changing, bathing)
- Assist with setting a routine
- Overnight care
- Mother's helper
- Occasional care
Special Needs Experience
Special Needs Conditional Experience
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
Special Needs Services Experience
- Administering Medication
- Assistance With Transportation
- Feeding Assistance
Availability & Job Preferences
Willing to consider working as a live in care provider
- Short-term (1 to 3 months)
- Temporary (4 to 12 months)
- Will consider a full time position
- Start date is flexible
My availability is valid through 1/31/14
- Open (all day, everyday)
Skills & Abilities
- Light Housekeeping
- Potty Training
- Travel with Family
- Willing to drive children to events, school, appointments, or carpooling
- Homework Help