Nanny in Brooklyn, NY 11213.
Looking for full or part-time work as a nanny.
Enhanced Background Check not run.
Enhanced Background Check(Not Run)
Basic Background Check not run.
Basic Background Check(Not Run)
Motor Vehicle Records Check not run.
Motor Vehicle Records Check(Not Run)
First Aid Training
First Aid Training
- Age 26
- 4 years paid experience
Last signed in: Within five months
Preferred Rate $15-$20 per hour
Hello! My name is Danielle and I live in Brooklyn, New York. I am originally from Huntington, Long Island and moved to Brooklyn two years ago after receiving my Bachelor's in Social Work from Adelphi University. For the last two years, I've been working at AHRC NYC, where I worked with young adults who have developmental disabilities. My title was Community Support Professional and some of my responsibilities included:
- Ensuring the safety of the individuals supported throughout the program day while traveling on public transportation and being out in the community.
- Working together to research volunteer and internship opportunities in order to expand the individual's skills set for employment.
- Providing on the job support to those who have volunteer work/internship/employment.
- Helping to manage challenging behaviors that may arise throughout the day.
- Providing support for these individuals to participate in activities they enjoy in their community.
My position as Community Support Professional required me to travel all over Brooklyn/Manhattan to pick people up from their homes and bring them out in the community so that they can be involved in their communities and surrounding areas. I've gone from Harlem to Bay Ridge on any given day! It was a truly rewarding experience to be able to support people in the community who have challenges that prevent them from living their every day life.
I am outgoing and pride myself on being a kind person. I am responsible and am able to carry out all tasks that are asked of me. I babysat long term for two families on Long Island while I was going for my undergraduate degree. I am hoping to begin school in the Fall of this year for my Master's and a babysitting job has just the type of flexibility I need. I will be available to babysit as soon as possible and can't wait to hear from you!
References are available upon request, I do not feel comfortable putting up the information of the previous families I have babysat for. I am having trouble updating my experience section on this site - but I can explain details further if you are interested! Currently, I am looking for a job and would be delighted to care for your children. Thank you and I hope to hear from you!
Age Specific Experience
4 years of paid child care experience with:
- First year
- Toddlers (1 to 3 years)
- Preschooler (3 to 5 years)
- Grade School (6 to 11 years)
- Pre-teen/Teenagers (12 years and over)
1 year of infant care experience
Special Needs Experience
Special Needs Conditional Experience
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Asperger's Syndrome
Availability & Job Preferences
Willing to consider working as a live in care provider
- Permanent (1 to 2 years)
- Permanent (2 or more years)
- Will consider either a part time or full time position
- Available to start on 8/8/2016
My availability is valid through 11/7/16
- Open availability on weekdays (M-F)
Skills & Abilities
- Finishing homework
- Checking answers
- Studying for a test
- Basic Math
- Elementary Science
- Earth Science
- Social Studies
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Travel with Family
- Willing to drive children to events, school, appointments, or carpooling